Dec 1, 2015
VFX PROJECT MANAGER
Plan and schedule
- Work on day-to-day operational tasks such as scheduling resources and meetings, creating presentations and documentation, generating reports, track costs and shot progress
- Assign the work to the artists, follow up the project and ensure that the work respects the deadlines and the budgets while meeting the expectations of the client
- Have an accurate understanding of the progress on a shot-by-shot basis.
- Be able plan and foresee potential delays or problems and strategize with the Producer on solutions.
Track and coordinate
- Oversee all departments and track their progress in production
- Oversee the coordination of dailies and reviews, ensuring accurate notes are taken and production priorities are distributed and followed through, prepare status meetings
- Prepare client approval sessions and ensure feedback is redirected to the team, oversee outputs and client deliveries
- Update proprietary production tracking database and relay information to the concerned department
- Coordinate internal and external partners for art assets and other communications as required
- Handle project documentation with clients and vendors
- Propose new and efficient ways to improve production workflow at Cinemotion, implement problem solving and motivating practices
- Focus on results and take pride in every effort made
- Facilitate communication in a timely manner between departments, production and management and collaborate with department leads, to maximize development productivity.
- Work closely with the Producer, Director, Art Director and other members of the production team to ensure that the creative vision is being implemented and maintained and report daily about the status of the production.
- Act as client liaison and communicate progress and deliveries of the VFX work
- A passion for film - a keen interest in the business of film making and working within a team.
- Strong attention to detail, critical thinking and problem-solving skills, willingness and ability to learn new skills & Technologies.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Requires a positive, team-oriented attitude.
- Ability to work successfully in a dynamic production environment with significant responsibility.
- The candidate must have the ability to work autonomously and meet deadlines.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are critical.
- Candidate must be able to lead and work within a team environment.
- Completion of at least one project as production manager.
- Good knowledge of a production pipeline and visual effects techniques
- Must have thorough knowledge and ability to use MS Office (especially Excel), and to learn proprietary studio tools quickly and effectively.
- Experience in VFX, film or video game production, or in computer graphics
- 3D and/or on-set production experience would be a plus
- Knowledge of the terminology and processes associated with CG production
- Knowledge of applicable art software Maya/3D Studio Max/Photoshop
- Background in art or design production or experience in managing teams of artists and/or designers
What can we offer?
offers a positive, creative environment where the Bulgaria’s leading animation and effects artists are encouraged and supported to develop and produce challenging, cutting-edge, award-winning work.
We work as a collective, where excellence, expertise and expression are valued by all; where we collaborate with some of the world’s leading creative thinkers and produce work to which we are proud to put our name.
If you want to be part of the Cinemotion story, please submit your application ( CV and cover letter) on firstname.lastname@example.org. If your candidacy is successful, you will be contacted shortly. If your application is not retained for this position, it will stay on file for future opportunities.